||Enerflex - Canada - Alberta - Nisku
Nisku, Alberta, CA
|Region||Enerflex - Canada & Northern U.S.
|Date Posted||Jun 20, 2012
|Experience Level(s)||Senior, Mid-Level
|Job Type||Permanent, Full Time
|Education Level||University - Bachelors, College - Technical Certificate
Applications Engineer – Production and Processing – Nisku AB
The purpose of the Applications Engineer includes but is not limited to: Responsible for the technical design and preparation of proposals for the Production and Processing product line. Duties must be performed consistent with company mission and values and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assist in evaluation of opportunity risk and reward, and assist in developing strategic proposal strategies
- Manage the proposal process from opportunity to award
- Ensure adequate evaluation of request for quotation requirements and specifications
- Conduct and / or oversee the design, selection, and costing of equipment / units both internally and externally (i.e. subvendors)
- Ensure scope definition, technical / commercial accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of proposals
- Provide customer support to sales via bid clarification meetings, pre-bid technical meetings, negotiation meetings, etc
- Ensure a smooth and efficient transition of information to Project’s Department upon award
- Role may include project management of successful proposals through to delivery of the finished product
- Liaison / coordination with both internal resources (P&P departments, sales, etc.) as well as external (i.e. clients, subvendors, etc) to develop relationships and encourage a “team” culture
- Assist in the development and maintenance of quoting tools and procedures in order to improve the process and increase accuracy and success of proposals
- Comply with the business processes in line with the requirements of ICFR (Internal Controls for Financial Reporting) and Enerflex Production and Processing procedures.
- 6 to 8 years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably with design and manufacture of processing equipment / units (i.e. amine sweetening, dewpoint control, dehydration, etc.)
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient with MS Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to achieve excellent performance in individual and team environments
- Demonstrated ability for on-time performance in a fast paced work environment
Wage or Salary Range:
Commensurate with experience and education.
Please apply online at www.enerflex.com Careers & Training - Current Openings